Annegaaike Leopold Msc, has joined the Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, working as Co-PI with Dr. Gunilla Oberg, on a research project aimed at building transparency into the regulatory process of risk assessment and management of organic chemicals, specifically in the face of scientific controversies. This builds seamlessly on her background as EUROTOX registered applied environmental toxicologist with 30 years of experience in the field of regulatory ecotoxicology and environmental fate. Over the past 20 years she has focused on endocrine ecotoxicology, evaluating effects of potential endocrine disrupting chemicals in birds and amphibians as well as fish. Working on the hazard and risk assessment of potential endocrine disrupters, has allowed her to work closely with scientists representing different opinions in the scientific debate on endocrine disruptors. This has led her to science for policy research project she currently working on at EGESTA. As President of the European branch of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC), she is also contributing to shaping the future of science and risk communication of environmental research in SETAC.
A significant portion of career Annegaaike has worked as an executive manager in the contract laboratory world. This has allowed her to develop skills as project manager, working in a planned and systematic way, directing and executing business development, expanding and deepening client relationships, leading and developing multidisciplinary teams. She is also a keen scientific organiser of workshops and conferences on cutting edge environmental topics.
Annegaaike’s experience can be summarised as follows:
- Eurotox-registered ecotoxicologist with 30 years of global regulatory environmental sciences experience.
- Current President of Society of Environmental Toxicology (SETAC) – Europe.
- Experienced consultant in ecotoxicological endocrine hazard and risk assessment.
- Executive managerial and commercial experience built up in international and global business development and strategic planning in the contract laboratory industry.
- Knowledge of and strong global network in the chemicals industry (agrochemicals, industrial chemicals, biocides human and animal health products) and in the global environmental regulatory arena.
- Shaping future science and risk communication of environmental research in SETAC.
- Experienced organiser of scientific workshops and conferences.
- International childhood; bilingual (Dutch-English).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Calidris environment bv
7231 CL Warnsveld, The Netherlands
Mob: +31 653990764