Welcome to Egesta Lab, where we strive to inspire the much-needed re-framing of challenges and opportunities, and the re-imagining of workable solutions. The words we use to talk about things has a major impact on our thinking, what we see as problematic and the solutions that come to mind. ‘Egesta’ is not tied to a certain way of thinking about these issues. It signals the need to break with rigid thought patterns, without losing sight of the past.
On this site you will find updates about our research, links to research and mobilization outputs, updates and information on our team members and opportunities to engage with us! We appreciate your interest in our work and would love to hear from you!
noun (used with a singular or plural verb)
Matter digested from the body, as excrement or other waste.
- McIlroy-Young, B., Öberg, G., and Leopold, A. (2021). The manufacturing of consensus: A struggle for epistemic authority in chemical risk evaluation. Environmental Science & Policy, 122, 25–34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2021.04.003
- Vazquez, M., McIlroy-Young, B., Giang, A., Steel, D., and Öberg, G. (2021).Exploring Scientists’ values by analyzing how they frame nature and uncertainty. Risk Analysis. https://doi.org/10.1111/risa.13701.
- McIlroy‐Young, B., Leopold, A., and Öberg, G. (2021). Science, Consensus, and Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals: Rethinking Disagreement in Expert Deliberations. Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management, 17(2), 480–481. https://doi.org/10.1002/ieam.4385
- Öberg, G., Metson, G., Kuwayama, Y., and Conrad, S. (2020). Conventional Sewer Systems are too Time-Consuming, Costly and Inflexible to meet the Challenges of the 21st Century. Sustainability 2020,12, 6518 https://doi.org/10.3390/su12166518
- Harder, R., Wielemaker, R., Molander, S., and Öberg G. (2020). Reframing human excreta management as part of food and farming systems. Water Research, 174: 115601
- Öberg, G., Elliott, K., and Leopold, A. (2020). Science Is Political But Should Not Be Partisan. Integrated environmental assessment and management, 16:6-7.